In some scenarios, users are not able to complete the installation process of their range extender. It can be any model number. To address this concern, it is suggested to check the firmware version of the extender and update it if available. Moreover, if the setup is not completed successfully, the Netgear wifi extender setup wizard won’t allow the user to make any changes in the settings or apply the new firmware. We are now going to discuss the steps to update the firmware of the extender bypassing the initial setup wizard.
To update the firmware without completing the setup, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Connect the extender or gateway directly to the computer and download the latest version of firmware on your PC.
- Connect the extender to the computer and enter Mywifiext.net in the web address bar of the browser.
- This address can be opened on any web browser whichever is installed on your computer.
- Enter the username and password to login to the page.
- Here, you will find different menus after login, navigate to ‘Maintenance’ and ‘Firmware update’ thereafter.
- Select your device model number and click on the ‘Download firmware file’ link.
- Tap ‘Upload’.
- It may take some minutes to finish uploading.
- The range extender is now upgraded to the latest version of the firmware.
If you need any further support or assistance in this regard, you are free to talk to the extender experts available on ext. fix link.